Tuesday, 12 September 2017

A day of exprimenting

It's been a slow summer creatively for a whole raft of reasons. Did get some monoprinting done whilst covering the workshop one day last month though. Unusually, I had no plan before I went, other than monoprinting with stencils. This is what happened. 


Inking up some lace, feathers and string reminded me of dancing figures. I then started thinking about a book I'd read recently, Georgina Harding's Painter of Silence, in which one of the characters makes rather abstract faceless characters from cardboard and winds cloth and string around them. Add PBs estate agents into the mix with a side order of Drownies from Fallen London and this is what came out. A fun and productive day working very freely and spontaneously.







No comments:

Post a Comment