Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Life drawing week 2

1 hour 10 minutes
And here are today's offerings. We started with two two-minute drawings with our other hand (left in my case). Didn't get a lot down but it was fun to do and I quite like some of the marks.

Next came three five-minute poses (back to drawing with my right hand) starting with a crouched position and rising to standing. Well into it by the third pose as you can see from the shading. I enjoy layering my drawings though easy to get confused. I quite like the sense of movement in this one.

Finally a long pose of about 1 hour 10 minutes. Not a bad drawing though there are some serious proportion issues going on; the model's head is too small and I struggled for some time with the lower leg in the foreground. I'm beginning to get back into the swing of it though after all these years.

2 x two-minute poses drawn with left hand
3 x five-minute poses rising from crouched position


1 comment:

  1. Really like the head angle in the long pose. - CC

    ReplyDelete