Monday, 10 August 2015

The Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers at St Barbe Museum

Mychael Barratt ~ Lost Magic Kingdoms
There's a selection of prints from the RE Summer Show at Bankside on display at the St Barbe Museum in Lymington at the moment; much more convenient for me than trekking up to London.

I haven't been to the show or a number of years so as well as some of the old favourites (like Mychael Barratt - the print shown here kept us busy for some time trying to work out which books the little images relate to), there was quite a lot of work by artists I'd not seen before. 

Delores de Sade's work caught my eye - I've not come across her before. Her etchings had an air of 19thC book illustrations... there was something Holmesian about the look of them and with titles such as not without undue prolixity and hence arises a digression, my penchant for narrative was thoroughly satisfied. 

Having said I'd not come across her, I've just looked at her website and realised I have seen some of her work before. More investigation of this interesting artists needed I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment