Sunday, 23 March 2014

Letterbox Prints: Postcards from the Press






















Making postcards is more challenging than I thought it would be. It's a whole other process; one has to come up with an image that is simple enough to print quickly and in quantity. Hence my tentative foray into linocutting - which I have to say, is a lot more difficult than I remember. My crow (inspired by a memorial to King Cnut's daughter in Bosham Church) is looking a bit more dishevelled than he should. But actually, I quite like that about him... who wants tidy crows anyway.


I guess this is more of a design brief... and I've left it a bit late to get started so I'm trying to treat it a bit like a commercial project. Paper wrapping band simply designed on the computer - check; plastic pockets and brown paper sourced - check; Cowprint rubber stamp designed, ordered and collected - check, check, check. And bit of a printathon to produce a good number of cards. Now on to the next design...

No comments:

Post a Comment