Sunday, 22 April 2012

The Undertaker's Nuptial revisited


I’ve been wanting to revisit The Undertaker’s Nuptials for a while.  This is a series of etchings based on a story I was working on a couple years ago, but sort of stalled after one and a half images.  Captain PB could run for a while so I think I need another project on the go at the same time so he doesn’t get stale.
I started writing snippets of story to generate images; the text was never meant to be read really, but having made some interesting concertina books, I think The Undertaker’s Nuptials might work quite well in that format.  Text and images.  I started experimenting this week… but need to write more of the story and make more images.  I also want to play around with the layout of the text more – would be great to do the whole thing in letterpress with etched images but I think that may be a little too ambitious at this stage.  So digital it is - for the moment at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment