Monday, 18 July 2011

Still life with new kitchen

At last! The fitters are in and the new kitchen is underway. It’s going to take two weeks to complete because the floors, walls and ceiling need doing too; pipes need fixing, electrics need rewiring, gas supplies need capping. Plasterers, plumbers, electricians, carpenters… it’s a quite a production down there. And also in the studio which is full of new kitchen parts, dishwasher and workmen. I was hoping to be able to continue working in there but that doesn’t look hopeful, at least not for the next few days.

I
ve not done too badly with the drawing this week though – drawn four days out of seven.
Not a bad start. It’s a bit A level Artish but have been drawing a glass decanter (it was destined for the dump but I decided it might be quite interesting to draw so I liberated it). Lots of weird reflections and distortions in the glass which was quite fun to draw. Perspective and proportions a bit wonky in places though. Next step is to have a go at painting it. I’ve never been very interested in still life but it seems sensible to revisit this whilst I’m in Back to Basics mode. And it doesn’t have to be all bowls of fruit and vases of flowers. Some research needed I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment