Monday, 22 June 2009

A delightfully printmaking-filled weekend

… is what I’ve just had. On Saturday I went on a wood engraving course at Red Hot Press, the print workshop I’m a member of, and jolly good it was too. Jutta gave us an excellent exercise to start us off and get us to use different tools to make a variety of marks. We had to divide the block in half and using a leaf as our basic form, engrave one half of the block black on white and the other half white on black. Not as easy as it sounds!


I was working on a block about 3cm by 1.5cm, the smallest I’ve ever done so that was a challenge in itself. Not particularly taken with the result but it was a really useful and fun day.


Yesterday I spent most of the day in my own studio working on the sisters-in-law. They’re barely a week old but showing signs of aging already…

2 comments:

  1. i think if i just got a press, i wouldn't move....i wouldn't even blink.
    and you left it, it's a gutsy move.

    (i'm kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, I had a hard job tearing myself away!

    ReplyDelete