Sunday, 26 April 2009

The tide's out on my creativity

Feeling at a low ebb today. It’s been a tough week what with one thing and another. Since Mum came out of hospital three months ago just about, it’s been a constant round of appointments, cooking, cleaning, shopping, paperwork and other carer’s duties, never mind the day job; leaves so little time and energy for creativity.


And now we have to have major building repairs done on the house which means completely clearing two bedrooms for the wall to be partially rebuilt. Urgh. Perhaps I’ll end up living in the studio with the spiders…


I wanted to say what all this does to my creativity, but can’t find the words.

2 comments:

  1. I can't not reply to this - if only to say I'm sorry. Caring takes over one's brain in a very odd kind of way - it's impressive, and testimony to the strength of yr creativity, that you've been able to find any energy and motivation to set up the studio. Try not to worry too much about doing work itself - it'll come, even in the squeezed time you have. "Say not the struggle naught availeth ... "

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me how you're always able to quote some poetry for every situation.

    ReplyDelete